“The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions
and not on our circumstances.” – Martha Washington
1. Our thoughts are powerful beyond measure because where our attention goes is where our energy flows. Today is full of opportunities to check in with what you are manifesting for yourself with your thinking, and to see if it’s really where you want to be investing your energy. Sometimes we have to trick ourselves into a different approach, so replace any negative or critical thoughts with neutral (or even positive) ones instead. Eventually the reprogramming of mental patterns will take hold and your thoughts will be more and more supportive of your goals and dreams. Set your intention to witness your inner dialogue today and see how you speak to yourself in your thoughts.
2. Go big with an hour of exercise today. During your workout, don’t believe your thoughts. Really! Instead, reprogram your negative, self-limiting, downer thoughts into positive affirmations. If you think, “This hill is impossible” substitute something like, “This hill is manageable for me today” and see how your body responds. As you reframe your thoughts, you reclaim more of your mental and physical power.
3. Make a positive contribution to someone in your life or to an organization in your community. Whether you offer time, money, referrals, press, or anything else you can think of sharing, your contribution can make a real difference. In terms of karma (the idea that what goes around comes around) giving freely has a positive karmic impact on your own life.
4. Listen to this 20 minute Guided Meditation on Embracing Positivity.
5. Try this yummy Summer Roll Recipe (if you don’t have all the ingredients suggested here, use what you have and trust your creative process). These are positively delicious!
6. Check in with me today about your positive transformations, challenges, and anything else you’d like to share.
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford