Day 6 is about letting go. Mostly letting go of who you think you are, so you can be who you are meant to be. This sounds ethereal, but it applies in very tangible ways.
1. Think of the primary story that you tell yourself (and maybe others) about your life, such as “I’m really not strong physically” or “I just need caffeine in the morning to get going” or “I am ____ (fill in disease or condition that you identify with more than is necessary)”. Go ahead and use the first one, two, or three stories that pop into your head and briefly rewrite the story in alignment with your optimal whole life health.
2. Take a bath with epsom salts and a soothing essential oil such as lavender or rose and allow yourself to let go into a state of deep relaxation. If you don’t have a tub, at least soak your feet for 10-15 minutes or take a dip in the ocean, lake, or river and let the water wash away all the stories that keep you from being 100% present in the moment.
3. Give away some item of clothing or house ware that you never use and have wondered why you still keep it around. This is a ceremonial way to make space physically and energetically for what you do want and need in your new healthier more balanced life.
4. Practice yoga today. Go to a class or try this 35-minute Samana Wellness Video. Keep coming back to your breath finding that perfect balance between taking positive action and letting go in your poses today.
5. Let go of another depleting food group (refined sugar, excessive salt, non-organic meats and dairy, artificial colors/flavors, processed foods, caffeine, natural flavors, or deep fried foods) in preparation for our upcoming cleanse! Yep, we are two days away from starting an Ayurvedic cleanse, so make it easier on yourself by cutting out these foods and beverages now.
6. Check in with me about your experience today with letting go physically, emotionally, and mentally.